(1907) Aetna Hanklyn
Hanklyn is an original 15 inch jointed Antique Aetna Teddy Bear circa 1907.
- Aetna Teddy Bears are the American version of the Steiff Teddy Bears
- Over 100 years old.
- Has been in same family since purchase.
- Classic Golden Mohair exterior and straw filled.
- Amber glass button eyes.
- Muzzle advance with classic hump back.
- Officially appraised by Brenda Yenke, the vintage bear & toy appraiser from Bears and Buds, the online Teddy Bear magazine. She confirmed that he is an Aetna circa 1907 and is valued at $2,500.00. He comes with the evaluation certificate.
He is a great example of an early antique Aetna teddy bear. He is fully jointed, has cardboard lined feet and retains almost all of his mohair. He is all original and all joints move perfectly.
Aetna bears have a charm all of their own with the best faces. He has a quizzical expression with his glowing, amber glass eyes. He is full and chubby and a very handsome bear in very good condition.
He is a classic gift and a perfect collector's item.
About Aetna Teddy Bears
- Aetna Toy Animal Co. was founded in 1901 in New York. From 1906 until 1915 they sold the Aetna-bear, which originally was called the Keystone-bear.
- Aetna trademark: The Aetna Toy Animal Company marked their Teddy Bears with a black, printed, oval line around their name, which was placed on the right feet.
- Teddy Bears from Aetna are very rare, especially outside the USA, because the company only made bears for a couple of years.
|Heart shaped nose attributed to Aetna.
|Felt carded pads, replaced paws .