Terry's and Terry's types
William Terry produced their first teddy bears in 1912. They made their first webbed claw bears in 1919 and produced their first Kapok stuffed bear in 1921 called the Ahsolight bear. They ceased trading before the second World War in the 1930s.
Identifying features of Terry's bears:-
- large cupped ears set high on the head,
- large clear glass eyes with big black pupils and painted backs,
- webbed claws in some bears after 1919,
- a triangular shaped head with a long shaved muzzle,
- shield shaped vertically stitched black nose or horizontal stitching set high on the nose,
- large oval card lined cotton or felt feet.